I do at least 10 live presentations a month, and I love my presentation remote. I've been using the Logitech 2.4GHz Cordless Presenter for about a year now. Having used lots of other remotes that left me dissatisfied for one reason or another, this one has been perfect. When I was shopping for it last year, I created a list of selection criteria:
- Compact size
- Easy operation "by touch" (i.e. simple enough to operate without looking at it)
- Must use standard batteries (not button-cell or other batteries that are tricky to find while traveling)
- Must have an on/off switch to prevent accidental draining of the battery
- Must be plug & play in Windows XP
The Logitech Cordless Presenter exceeds this short list of "must haves." It is small, easy to operate "by touch", uses two AAA batteries, has an on/off switch, and has built-in driver support in Windows XP. It also has additional beneficial aspects (lagniappe, where I come from):
- It has a built-in countdown timer that you can set to help keep you on your time schedule. It provides a silent, vibrating reminder when you have 5, 2, and 0 minutes left.
- It has a built-in laser pointer.
- It is quite comfortable and natural to hold while presenting.
- The controls provide forward and backward slide navigation buttons, as well as a button to blank the screen.
- The range is very good - I've operated the controls from 45 feet away with no problems.
- The remote includes a USB receiver that actually plugs back into the remote itself for easy storage - and you won't lose it this way.
- It includes a neoprene, custom-fit storage sleeve to protect it during travel.
If you do much presenting, I think this is the remote you've gotta have.