It's now 07/07/07, and that can only mean that the "7 Wonders of Joyful Jubilant Learning" goes live today (by the way, this very post went live at 07:07:07 on 07/07/07 Hawaii time, since that's the local time zone of JJL's primary author). Leading up to this special day, the floodgates at the Joyful, Jubilant Learning (JJL) community blog were opened for contributors to offer 7 links that embraced learning. There are now literally hundreds of links there, so head on over and collect your prize!
I chose to offer three sets of 7 - here they are to get you started (by the way, the categories are those used on the JJL site):
First, one 7:
- Joy of the Journey: My Beautiful Chaos - April reminds us of the excellence of parenting like a mere mortal.
- Inspired Learning, Good Questions and Great Dialogue: On Genius - Dick Richards (Unlocker of Genius) on faith and work.
- Language, Words, and Vocabulary: The Happiness Project - Gretchen on finding your "service heart."
- Writing and Composition: Mind Unbound - EM about turning the tables on rejection letters.
- Graphics and Photography: Post Secret - It's amazing what people can share through a simple, anonymous postcard.
- Information and Knowledge: Presentation Zen - Garr Reynolds shares "One secret to a healthy life (and a great presentation)."
- Best Practices: The Daily Saint - Mike's secret to productivity on vacation.
Then, another 7:
- Visual Learning: Beyond Mind Mapping - Nick teaches us about developing a visual vocabulary.
- Discipline, Habit and Self-Motivation: Neat & Simple Living - Ariane's mythbusting about whether you can develop a habit in 21 days.
- Good Questions and Great Dialogue: Make It Great! - Phil shares 20 awesome questions for anyone to make their life better.
- For the Love of Lists: Big Wes's Corner of the Web - Wes shares how he copes with GTD and its lists.
- Talent, Skills, and Capacity: Beyond Code - Raj provides insight to keep you from sabotaging yourself with lame excuses.
- BHAGs and Bigger Dreams: Lisa Haneberg - Lisa dreams big then Makes the dream a reality - she truly inspires me.
- Auditory Learning: MBA On The Run - Some of John's favorite audiobooks to get a veritable MBA using your iPod.
Now, let's make it "triple 7" for the jackpot:
- Principles and Values: Why I Failed - Steve Grossman discusses why "People would actually rather work with someone who is incompetent and likeable than competent and unlikable."
- Good Questions and Great Dialogue: The Remote Control CEO - Greg's insights on great questions we can use to learn from our failures.
- Collaborative Learning: Thinking Faster - How not to shut down the conversation before it even starts.
- Connecting and Relationships: Slacker Manager - Our favorite Slacker enlarged something by 167% in 48 hours - find out more!
- Inspired Learning: Virtualosophy - Stacy learns some cools off and learns cool stuff in an unexpected place.
- Inspired Learning: Ramblings From a Glass Half Full - If a picture paints 1,000 words, how many words does a funny picture paint? Terry tells us the answer.
- Storytelling, Yarns and Tall Tales: QAQNA - A fine (and funny) lesson on why you should be ready to deal with your customers - no matter what they're bringing.
I hope you'll find lots of new learning in these 21 links, and I'm sure you'll pick up some new favorites for your blogroll.