I don't often declare "bests" when it comes to gadgets, but I have tried a whole slew of battery cases for the iPhone series of phones, and I believe I've found an excellent choice. It's called the "BoostCase" and it is way less bulky and obtrusive than some of the alternatives (such as Mophie and other "battery jackets.")
I first started using a BoostCase when I had an iPhone 5 - it was purple, and I loved it. I've since used BoostCase battery cases on an iPhone 6 Plus and my current phone, which is an iPhone 6s (my last two were black).
What's the big deal?
First, let me tell you about my relationship with battery cases:
- I like to use a case on my phone.
- When I travel, I often run out of power on my phone and want an extended battery.
- I don't want to put up with a bulky batter case all the time, but I also don't like changing cases or carrying multiple cases around.
- I also need to have the battery case handy when I need it - and that is often not predictable.
The BoostCase works within all of those parameters. This is a two-part case.
- One part functions like a normal case and is thin so I can leave it on all the time (that's the bit on the right).
- The second part is a battery 'slice' that attacked to the normal case very securely, plugs into the Lightning port on my phone and has enough juice to recharge my phone at least once (that's on the left).
Yes, I know Apple just released their own battery case. Yes, I know there are a lot of options out there. But I'd venture to say that if you try the BoostCase, you'll be happy.
By the way, it comes with a microUSB cable (you can charge and sync through it), as well as a tiny adapter so you can plug thicker headphones in when the battery slice is attached.
If you're looking to boost the battery life of your iPhone, check out the BoostCase line of products.